Technical Support Engineer
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Temporarily remote
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
Arden Software is an industry-leading software house in Marple, Stockport, providing bespoke CAD/CAM and design workflow solutions to the packaging industry. We are looking for Technical Support Engineers to join our growing UK team.
About the role
We are looking for dynamic and driven individuals to join our growing UK team and work with our rapidly developing web application, WEBcnx.
WEBcnx is a leading design lifecycle management and workflow automation solution for packaging producers and tool manufacturers to the global packaging industry.
A successful applicant would be required to support our new and established customer accounts and assist in the design, build, testing and delivery of tailored WEBcnx solutions.
This will include working with both our UK and international customer base. All necessary product training will be provided.
Where you’ll be working
Your workplace will be a blend of in-office days at our headquarters in Marple and home working.
As travel restrictions ease, it is not uncommon for members of our WEBcnx team to occasionally travel to customer sites, industry trade shows and user conferences, both in the UK and abroad.
What you’ll be doing
This is not a typical hotline support role. Whilst we still need to support our new and existing global customer base, members of the WEBcnx team have a varied workload with opportunities to specialise in various aspects of our products and the configuring of new customer-specific business cases and the delivery of those. While the specific content of your role is well defined, this may evolve over time to suit the changing needs of our customers and therefore needs a proactive, flexible and hands-on approach to your workload.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting new and existing customer accounts, working closely with customers/team members to ensure issues and requests are logged within our helpdesk and resolved to the customer’s satisfaction within our SLAs
- To investigate, identify, design and implement customer-specific WEBcnx workflow solutions. This will involve working closely with the customer, defining a specification, and agreeing on KPIs and a suitable timeframe for solution delivery
- Contributing to and updating user reference material and tutorials with each new product release
- Identifying opportunities for product improvement, both through internal use and by collaboration with our customers and communication of these requirements to the development team
- Supporting customers in business case testing and reporting as well as communicating with our development team
- Training customers on new/updated features as they are released
First and foremost, you’ll be an excellent communicator with experience of dealing face-to-face with customers in a technical role for 2-3 years.
You will be confident and professional at fielding customer discussions, understanding customer requirements and able to explain technical topics to non-technical clients and users.
Additionally, you will have:
- Strong troubleshooting skills and diagnostic capabilities
- Familiarisation with helpdesk and issue reporting software
- Good self-motivation and able to work with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a larger team
- Good general IT skills
- A full driving licence as our customers are not always easy to get to so you must be able to drive and be comfortable doing so abroad
Additional skills that will help you in the role
- Experience with application programming interfaces (APIs), or standalone application development on any platform
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas: network configuration; web technologies; technical documentation writing; in-depth knowledge of Windows and Windows Server platforms; Windows Services; IIS; SQL Server; SSIS; Microsoft Azure
- 2D/3D CAD experience
- Good presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Foreign languages, verbal or written
- Experience in the packaging industry
Founded in 1988, we are an industry-leading software house in Marple, Stockport specialising in bespoke CAD/CAM and design workflow management solutions to the global packaging industry.
Our success is not just down to listening to our customers ,but listening to the great ideas from our team too. We understand and appreciate the value our team brings to everything we do. You will be joining a company where you can gain the satisfaction of seeing your ideas come to life and see them develop all the way through to the benefit of our global customers.
When we’re not working from home, our office is located in Marple with stunning views across the Cheshire plains from Beeston Castle, the Welsh Mountains, Winter Hill and everything in between. Our break-out space is equipped with a pool table, foosball, games console, TV or just a comfy seat and the view.
Salary and Benefits
- £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year (depending on experience)
- Bonus scheme
- Annual leave: 26 days + Bank Holidays
- Working hours: 37.5 hour working week
- Flexible working: Arranged after probation period to fit around core business hours
- Career progression: A structured career path with regular performance and salary reviews
- Pension: Auto-enrolment into the company scheme after three months
- Travel allowance: Daily bonus for on-site work outside of Europe
- Parking: Free on-site parking
- Work Breaks: Access to break out room, free tea, coffee and water cooler
- Other benefits: Bike to work scheme; casual dress
Please apply in writing enclosing an up-to-date CV to:
Peter Barke, WEBcnx Product Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org