WEBcnx Applications Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Marple, Stockport (HQ)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Dependent on experience
Arden Software is an industry-leading software house in Marple, Stockport providing bespoke CAD/CAM and design workflow solutions to the packaging industry. We are looking for an Applications Engineer to join our growing UK team.
We are looking for a dynamic and driven individual to work with our rapidly developing web application, WEBcnx. WEBcnx is a leading project lifecycle management (PLM) and workflow automation solution for packaging producers. A successful applicant would be required to design, build, test and support the delivery of custom WEBcnx solutions for several customer accounts. This will include working with both our UK and international customer base. All necessary product training will be provided.
Your role will be predominantly office based, however, it is not uncommon for members of our WEBcnx team to travel to customer sites, industry trade shows and user conferences, both in the UK and abroad. During Covid-19 restrictions, work will initially be primarily via your own home office with some travel to the office as required for training purposes.
The WEBcnx product
Designed to support an open task framework, WEBcnx offers packaging companies with the means to automate many aspects of their day-to-day workflows and processes.
WEBcnx is a .Net web application that utilises the Windows Workflow Foundation. It’s powered by Microsoft IIS and built around SQL/Oracle database back-end.
- To investigate, identify, design and implement customer-specific WEBcnx solutions. This will involve working closely with the customer, defining a specification, and agreeing on KPIs and a suitable timeframe for solution delivery
- Supporting new and existing customer accounts, working closely with customers/team members to ensure issues and requests are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction and logged within our online support system
- Contributing to and updating user reference material with each new product release
- Support customers in solution testing and reporting as well as communicating with our development team
- Optionally, training customers on new/updated features as they are released
- Experience with the following technologies:
– Relational Databases and Structured Query Language
- Strong troubleshooting skills and diagnostic capabilities
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must in order to explain technical topics to non-technical clients/users
- Good general IT skills
Further desirable skills
- 2D/3D CAD experience
- Experience with application programming interfaces (APIs), or standalone application development on any platform
- Good presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Foreign languages, verbal or written
- Experience in the packaging industry
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas: network configuration; web technologies; technical documentation writing; in-depth knowledge of Windows and Windows Server platforms; Windows Services; SSIS
Please apply in writing enclosing an up-to-date CV to:
Mr P Barke, WEBcnx Product Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org