Job Type: Permanent
Location: Marple, Stockport (HQ)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Arden Software is an industry leading software house in Marple, Stockport providing bespoke CAD/CAM and design workflow solutions to the packaging industry. We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our busy team in our UK head office.
We are a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation that is constantly looking to harness the latest technologies for our products, developing not only desktop software, but our own mobile application and web solutions.
Our primary products are Impact, WEBcnx and Enterprise, which are continually enhanced by our in-house software development team.
Due to our increasing success, we wish to expand our technical support team. The candidate would be primarily working on the Impact product, working in a small team providing support for our customers and resellers. The role will be predominantly based in our UK office; however, it is not uncommon for members of the support team to travel to customer sites, industry trade shows and user conferences, both in the UK and abroad. All necessary product training will be provided.
- Provide first-line support for UK customers, by telephone and email.
- Provide second-line support to overseas Arden staff and resellers.
- Perform product testing and troubleshooting tasks.
- Contribute to user reference material.
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidates must have:
- Good general IT skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and diagnostic capabilities.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must in order to explain technical topics to non-technical clients/users
Further desirable skills:
- 2D/3D CAD experience
- Good presentation skills
- Experience in the packaging industry
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas: databases; network configuration; web technologies; script/plugin writing; technical documentation writing; in-depth knowledge of Windows and Windows Server platforms.
- Willingness to travel
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com