Technical Services Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Marple, Stockport (HQ) – this role will be temporarily remote
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 per year depending on experience
About the Role
We are looking for dynamic and driven individuals to join our growing UK-based Customer Services team as a Technical Services Engineer, working with our suite of software solutions that allow companies to streamline their packaging design and manufacturing processes.
It’s guaranteed to be a challenging and varied role, with no day being the same as the next, whilst offering the opportunity to work with a diverse range of projects, technologies and customers.
Our primary products include Impact CAD, a cutting-edge packaging and manufacturing tool design software. WEBcnx, a leading web-based design lifecycle management and workflow automation solution, and Enterprise, a platform for sharing packaging designs and standardising configuration across widely distributed databases.
A successful applicant would be required to work with a variety of existing and prospect customers, delivering a range of technical services that may include support and training, as well as process analysis and the building of custom solutions and integrations using Arden software components. All necessary product training will be provided.
Where you’ll be working
Your workplace will be a blend of primarily in-office days and home working. As travel restrictions ease, it is not uncommon for members of our support team to occasionally travel to customer sites, industry trade shows and user conferences, both in the UK and abroad.
What you’ll be doing
Whilst our Customer Service Team first and foremost need to support our global customer base in their day-to-day operations, each member often has a varied workload, and we actively encourage them to specialise in different aspects of our products and their configuration, as is often required within the delivery of customer-specific solutions.
A range of common Technical Services Engineer duties would typically include:
- Supporting new and existing customer accounts, working closely with customers/team members to ensure issues and requests are logged within our helpdesk and resolved to the customer’s satisfaction within our SLAs.
- Carrying out customer installs, both remotely and on-site
- To investigate, identify, design and implement customer-specific solutions. This will involve working closely with the customer, defining a specification, and agreeing on KPIs and a suitable timeframe for solution delivery
- Identifying opportunities for product improvement, both through internal use and by collaboration with our customers and communication of these requirements to the development team
- Contributing to and updating user reference material and tutorials with each new product release
- Supporting customers in business case testing and reporting as well as communicating with our development team
- Training customers on new/updated features as they are released
- Working closely with the QA team to help ready the next product updates for release, and testing them against known customer configurations.
You’ll be an excellent communicator with experience of dealing face-to-face with customers in a technical role for 2-3+ years. You will be confident and professional at fielding customer discussions, understanding customer requirements and able to explain technical topics to non-technical clients and users. Additionally, you will have:
- Strong troubleshooting skills and diagnostic capabilities
- Familiarisation with helpdesk and issue reporting software
- Good self-motivation and able to work with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a larger team
- Good general IT skills
- A full driving licence, as our customers are not always easy to get to so you must be able to drive, which may extend to doing so abroad
Additional skills that will help you in the role
- 2D/3D CAD experience
- Experience with application programming interfaces (APIs), standalone application development, or any process/workflow automation tools
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas: network configuration; web technologies; technical documentation writing; in-depth knowledge of Windows and Windows Server platforms; Windows Services; IIS; SQL Server; SSIS; Microsoft Azure
- Good presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Foreign languages, verbal or written
- Experience in the packaging industry
Salary and Benefits
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 per year (depending on experience)
- Annual leave: 26 days + Bank Holidays
- Working hours: 37½ hour working week.
- Flexible working: Arranged after probation period to fit around core business hours
- Career progression: A structured career path with regular performance and salary reviews
- Pension: Auto-enrolment into the company scheme after 3 months
- Travel allowance: Daily bonus for on-site work overseas
- Parking: Free on-site parking
- Work Breaks: Access to break-out room, free tea, coffee and water cooler.
- Other benefits: Cycle to work scheme; Casual dress
To apply for the role, please complete the application process on Indeed.