Arden Software has unveiled the latest release of its cutting-edge packaging design software – Impact.
Impact CAD 2019 boasts a suite of new and enhanced features designed to simplify and improve the creative process for users, creating the industry’s most powerful tool for structural design.
The latest release delivers a host of new feature, performance and workflow enhancements including multi-page/face PDF exports, improved product previews and searching capabilities, extended support for 3D file formats, all-round speed improvements and better memory handling for intensive tasks.
Users can also look forward to Impact’s first dedicated plug-in for Adobe Illustrator, extending Impact’s graphic workflow capabilities.
Matthew Hewitt, Business Development Manager at Arden Software, said: “We are excited to launch the eagerly-anticipated Impact CAD 2019 release, which will help improve and streamline the creative process for packaging designers, die-makers and brand owners alike.
“Here at Arden Software, we are always striving to bring improvements to our software to deliver the best possible user-experience and time savings for our customers and we’re pleased to say that through the hard work of our team of expert developers, Impact 2019 continues that trend.
“From multi-page and multi-face PDF exports to an extended support for 3D file format and an all new plug-in for Illustrator, we have listened to what Impact users want and created a fully integrated solution to make packaging design even faster, simpler and more cost effective.
“We are confident that the new and improved features and capabilities in our latest software update will help cement Impact’s position as the world’s leading software for packaging designers and die-makers alike.”
Key highlights in the new Impact 2019 release include:
- One-click dimensioning – allowing dimensions to be placed with only a single click
- Predictive Smart Snapping – gain advance snapping feedback via customisable colour-coded cursors which delivers more accurate drafting and editing
- Drag and Drop import enhancements – improving support for quickly importing one or more 2D and 3D files, including direct integration with Microsoft Outlook (desktop only)
- Block ‘To Layers’ – quickly split imported multi-piece drawings into separate design layers making it possible to assign material / database information for each unique part
- Multi-page PDF exports and Multi-face exports – making it possible for example to export both faces of a design into a single PDF
- Enhanced ‘Open Project’ dialog – you can now locate designs even faster using the new and more flexible quick open feature that allows you to search on key design information including any custom user fields
- Enhanced project previews – helping you to instantly identify existing designs from search results or your recent projects list
- Extended 3D file format imports – The import of 3D file formats Wavefront (.OBJ), Stanford Triangle Format (.PLY) and Stereo Lithography (.STL) are now supported as standard for those with any 3D-enabled licence, including any textures
- Dedicated Plug-in for Adobe Illustrator – extending graphic workflow capabilities
- Custom Database Enhancements – for those customers who choose to make use of Impact’s class-leading customisable database structure, either to refine how they store, search and report on their design data, or those who may have integrated Impact with their ERP/MIS business systems, Impact now offers even richer options for storing and representing complex data and relationships with the addition of many-to-many data model support. Offering unlimited capabilities, typical applications might include costing, bill of material (BOM) modules, and greater storage of their customer, contact and address details.
- Speed improvements and better memory handling – work faster with large or complex 2D and 3D files, including some targeted enhancements to Impact’s powerful stripping tools
- Machine output path optimisation – reducing the travel time and distance your plotter, laser head or similar has to travel to complete a job improving machine efficiency and reducing wear and tear
Check out the full What’s New in Impact 2019 documentation, available to view online and for download. Alternatively, email email@example.com for further details including options for upgrade or purchase.